Budle Bay Croft is delighted to introduce our sister company Budle Bay Bothies and is proud to host information about this new and exciting accomodation offer.
Two Shakes is a cosy single traveller or couple and pet friendly luxury glamping experience ideally located to explore the Northumberland Coast and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The gorgeous, beautifully furnished shepherds hut oozes style and 5 star glamping luxury yet remains cosy and snug. Features include:
- Luxurious shepherds hut that has been hand built to traditional methods
- King sized bedroom, shower room, galley kitchen and lounge area with log burning stove, TV and wifi
- Coastal toned Farrow and Ball paint palette – very calming and relaxing
- High end crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Comfortable king sized bed in private bedroom with hotel grade linen
- Open plan lounge/ kitchen with 2 seater sofa and foot stool, log burner and wall hung Smart TV with Netflix
- Hand built and painted solid wood kitchen with a real oak work top, Belfast sink, built in fridge, small hob and an oven and microwave
- Shower room with shower, sink and toilet – all within the shepherd’s hut – including fluffy towels and shaving point
- Parking on site
- Private hard landscaped fully enclosed stock proof fenced garden with dining table and chairs, garden swing, BBQ and fire pit
- All you need to start your holiday off practically including washing up liquid, toilet roll, designer hotel sample sized toiletries, cleaning materials, salt and pepper – remember you are self catering though so bring what you need!
- Views of the livestock when in the adjacent fields
- Of course, well behaved dogs are welcome free of charge at Two Shakes – and we provide a bed, bowls, towel and throw too
For a truly relaxing great escape, this comfortable shepherd’s hut offers the perfect bolt hole to explore this wonderful coastline. Two Shakes offers glamping home-from-home comfort. Amazingly well equipped, so you don’t have to squash everything into your car, the luxury Northumberland shepherds hut has been designed for comfort and serenity, helping you to unwind and completely relax.
Dogs are welcome free of charge and we provide a dog bed, bowls and treats too.
Two Shakes is small, so suitable for one medium sized dog or 2 smaller ones.
We can organise doggy day care if you need it (vaccination certificates required, and fees payable directly to the provider), although many local attractions and activities are dog friendly. We highly recommend following Northumberland Dog Friendly for latest information about dog friendly eateries and activities.
We can recommend local restaurants that welcome our four legged family members – no compromise for them or you! The garden has stock fencing covered in chicken wire so should be safe and secure.
Ideal for a couple with or without a dog who would appreciate the glamping style, luxurious touches and proximity of the beaches and walks in Northumberland.
Meals can be pre-ordered from local suppliers (paid directly to the provider) and the hamlet is close to Bamburgh and Belford for essential supplies.
Two Shakes is a perfect, bijou shepherd’s hut with rural reviews. The living space is compact as you would expect from glamping, but is very cleverly designed and beautifully presented, and you should find all you need.
Budle Bay Bothies, sister company to Budle Bay Croft, provides a luxury 5* Northumberland glamping experience in a traditionally made, hand built shepherds hut – Two Shakes.
Single traveller, couple and dog friendly, Two Shakes offers a unique combination of coast and country, a real farm-stay experience close to the wonderful castles in this spectacular area of North Northumberland on the edge of the Parish of Bamburgh.
Two Shakes is located within several acres of a working small holding at Budle Bay, in the historic hamlet of Waren Mill, called Budle Bay Croft. Budle Bay, a bird watcher’s paradise, is nestled into the Lindisfarne Nature Reserve, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and Special Scientific Interest. Budle Bay Croft, with the Cheviot Hills to the west, is close to the Northumberland Coastal Path and Cycle Route, and will have the England Coast Path going through it very soon. Two Shakes is an ideal location for walkers, cyclists, nature lovers and outdoor sport enthusiasts.
The Two Shakes access statement is available here.