- 2 bedrooms, one with a king size bed, one a bunk bedded room and just about enough room for a cot
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area and a table for 4 (compact and cleverly designed but not a huge space)
- Comfy sofa and armchair
- Gorgeous bathroom with separate double shower cubicle and huge deluge shower head
- Log burner with free logs
- Superfast broadband and wifi
- Full free central heating
- Double glazing
- Double oven and induction hob
- Slow cooker
- Built under fridge and ice box
- Separate small freezer – enough for your daily frozen food requirements
- Iron and ironing board
- Electric blender
- Electric hand mixer
- Hairdryer and straighteners
- Flat screen TV/DVD in lounge
- PS4 (bring your favourite games)
- Flat screen TV in each bedroom
- Games, books and toys (indoors and out)
- Outside log burner, table and chairs overlooking the waterfall in the private and enclosed rear garden
- Outdoor toys with a further patio set and seating to the enclosed private front garden
- Huge play garden shared with Budle Haugh guests and the owners with several acres of grass, fields, walks, play equipment and river
- Featured vaulted ceilings and exposed timbers throughout
- A coastal toned Farrow and Ball paint palette – very calming and relaxing
- Guests have commented that Budle Falls’ beds are the most comfortable they have ever stayed in
- Fluffy cotton bath robes
- Welcome treats
- Although you are self catering, you will find most of what you might need to start your holiday off practically including dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, toilet roll, designer toiletries, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, washing powder/gel, cleaning materials, salt and pepper
- Depending upon the age of your children, we will make available age/gender appropriate toys, outdoor equipment and books
- Benefit of two private gardens with children’s summer house equipped as a shop, with outside toys including sand pit and tractor, plus a BBQ, outdoor log burner, 2 patio table and chairs to enjoy the garden or watch children playing – the rear garden has sounds and views of the waterfall, especially relaxing!
- The full Budle Bay Croft Experience including animal interactions and egg collection, fields, trees, woodland, meadow, river and trampoline !
- Of course, well behaved dogs are welcome free of charge at Budle Falls – and we spoil them too – doggy basket, bowls and treats provided to help get pooch’s holiday off to a great start!
We love welcoming children of all ages to Budle Falls, and we know they will be delighted by all this cottage has to offer. Inside the cottage there is a mix of technology diversions such as the PS4 and TV/DVDs, but there is also the more traditional time occupiers, including games, toys, dressing up clothes and books. We even provide bath toys! To make things easier for mums and dads, we always have sippy cups, plastic plates and cutlery in the cottage, but we can also supply a wide range of that vital stuff the little ones need including high chair, step up stool, potty, changing mat, baby bouncer chair, nursing cushion, moses basket, travel cot with comfy mattress, cot linen, baby monitor, steriliser, baby bath and cot side – all free of charge. Please remember to let us know what you would like when you make your booking.
Outside the cottage, the little ones will enjoy the secure private and enclosed garden to the front with ride on tractor, sand pit, outdoor toys and a play house. Over and above the cottage and private gardens, our younger guests can enjoy the Budle Bay Croft Experience to the full. They will love to play Pooh Sticks over the little bridge and run free in the woods and paddocks, spotting signs or even catching a glimpse of the vast array of wildlife including foxes, badgers, rabbits, deer, woodpeckers and bats. All of our little people enjoy the animal interactions, feeding and tickling the pigs, sheep, ducks and chickens (note our animals are subject to change throughout the seasons/ years). At lambing time, they can bottle feed the orphans and even hold the new-borns. And they can enjoy the outdoor climbing areas and trampoline!
There is a shared supply of buckets and spades and beach paraphernalia in Shark Shed.
Over and above all of this, there are often children at Budle Haugh, the neighbouring cottage, as well as the owner’s children to make friends with.
We love welcoming pets free of charge. There are acres of grounds for dogs to run and play, and we provide a dog bed, bowls and treats too. We can organise doggy day care if you need it (vaccination certificates required and fees paid directly to provider by guests), although many local attractions and activities are dog friendly. We can even recommend local restaurants that welcome our four legged family members – no compromise for them or you!
Ideal for a family as children will love the play area, farm animals and Budle Bay Croft Experience (need link). Would be wonderful booked with neighbouring Budle Haugh (need our link) for 2 families wanting to holiday together but wanting their own private space too.
A couple or 2 couples holidaying together would appreciate the style, luxurious touches and the outside space for walks or even private fishing on the river (as long as one couple doesn’t mind the bunks).
For girlie get together’s or hen parties, why not book Budle Falls with Budle Haugh for a decadent weekend of fizz, chocolates, fine dining, high tea and pampering, with special discounts on beauty treatments – just ask for details on booking (fees and bookings directly with providers). You can also enjoy more energetic pursuits such as riding, boat trips, shooting, and cycling, all of which can be pre-arranged. And lads, don’t feel left out, because we can offer short breaks tailored to your needs too – how about local beers and outdoor pursuits such as kite surfing, fishing, diving and shooting (fees and bookings directly to providers). Again, discounts can be arranged – just let us know your requirements at the time of booking and we will do our best to ensure your break is a great one!
Have a look through our reviews: https://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/self-catering-uk-and-ireland/10614-budle-falls
Budle Falls is a perfect, bijou holiday cottage with great reviews. The living space is compact but very cleverly designed and beautifully presented, and you should find all you need.