Budle Falls Accommodation
- Visit Britain Quality in Tourism rated Budle Falls as a 5* cottage that is also Family Friendly, Cyclist Friendly, Pet Friendly, Walkers Friendly and Dark Sky Friendly
- 2 bedrooms, one with a King Size bed, one a bunk bedded room and just about enough room for a cot
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area and a table for 4 (compact and cleverly designed but not a huge space)
- Comfy sofas
- Gorgeous bathroom with bath and separate double shower cubicle and deluge shower head
- Log burner with free logs
- Free telephone (UK landline calls only), broadband and wifi
- Full free central heating
- Double glazing
- Double oven and induction hob
- Slow cooker
- Built under larder fridge and ice box
- Separate small freezer – just enough for typical frozen food requirements
- Iron and ironing board
- Electric blender
- Electric hand mixer
- Coffee grinder
- Dolce Gusto machine – just bring your favourite pods!
- Hairdryers and straighteners
- Flat screen TV/DVD in lounge
- PlayStation with games
- A selection of DVDs, CDs and Wii games for adults and children
- Flat screen TV/ DVD/CD and IPOD Docking station in each bedroom
- Games, books and toys (indoors and out)
- Outside log burner, table and chairs overlooking the waterfall in the private and enclosed rear garden
- Sand pit and outdoor toys with a further patio set and seating to the enclosed private front garden
- Huge play garden shared with Budle Haugh guests and the owners with several acres of grass, fields, walks, play equipment (subject to change) and river
Please note that Budle Falls has been fully refurbished in 2014 using a beautiful, tonal Farrow and Ball colour scheme, with new lounge furniture and accessories. The video below shows Budle Falls prior to this refurbishment. Also, the external equipment is different as things get replaced regularly!
Special Features and Feel of Budle Falls
- Featured vaulted ceilings and exposed timbers throughout
- A coastal toned paint palette – very calming and relaxing
- Guests have commented that Budle Falls’ beds are the most comfortable they have ever stayed in – with memory foam toppers to sink into
- Fluffy cotton bath robes
- Candles, flowers, wine and treats
- All you need to start your holiday off practically, including dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, toilet roll, designer toiletries, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, washing powder/gel, cleaning materials, salt and pepper
- Depending upon the age of your children, we will make available age/gender appropriate toys, outdoor equipment and books – customising the cottage for your children!
- Benefit of two private gardens with children’s summer house equipped as a shop, with outside toys including sand pit and tractor, plus a BBQ, outdoor log burner, 2 patio table and chairs to enjoy the garden or watch your children playing – the rear garden has sounds and views of the waterfall, especially relaxing!
- The full Budle Bay Croft Experience including animal interactions and egg collection, fields, trees, woodland, meadow, river, trampoline, woodland stage for those divas in the family, a large open fire pit for those Kumbaya moments and a fabulous tree house with horse swing, slide, climbing ladders and trapeze. We may have more than you can see in the gallery and video, and we may have different things – we constantly evolve!
- Of course, well behaved dogs are welcome at Budle Falls – and we spoil them too – doggy basket, bowls and treats provided to help get pooch’s holiday off to a great start!
Children at Budle Falls
We have been rated as Family Friendly by Visit Britain. We love welcoming children of all ages to Budle Falls, and we know they will be delighted by all this cottage has to offer. Inside the cottage there is a mix of technology diversions such as the Playstation and TV/DVDs, but there is also the more traditional time occupiers, including games, toys, dressing up clothes and books. We even provide bath toys! To make things easier for mums and dads, we always have sippy cups, plastic plates and cutlery in the cottage, but we can also supply a wide range of that vital stuff the little ones need including high chair, step up stool, potty, changing mat, baby bouncer chair, nursing cushion, moses basket, travel cot with comfy mattress, cot linen, baby monitor, steriliser, baby bath and cot side – all free of charge. Please remember to let us know what you would like when you make your booking.
Outside the cottage, the little ones will enjoy the secure private and enclosed garden to the front with ride on tractor, sand pit, outdoor toys and an amazing shop! Over and above the cottage and private gardens, our younger guests can enjoy the Budle Bay Croft Experience to the full. They will love to play Pooh Sticks over the little bridge and run free in the woods and paddocks, spotting signs or even catching a glimpse of the vast array of wildlife including foxes, badgers, rabbits, deer, woodpeckers and bats. All of our little people enjoy the animal interactions, feeding and tickling the pigs, sheep, ducks and chickens. At lambing time, they can bottle feed the orphans and even hold the new borns. And they can enjoy the outdoor climbing areas, trampolines, stage and a marshmallow toasting camp fire too!
There is a shared supply of buckets and spades and beach paraphernalia in Shark Shed.
Over and above all of this, there are often children at Budle Haugh, the neighbouring cottage, as well as the owner’s children to make friends with.
Dogs at Budle Falls
We are officially Pet Friendly and we are not surprised because we love welcoming pets. There are acres of grounds for dogs to run and play, and we provide a dog bed, bowls and treats too. There is a private and enclosed garden too! We can organise doggy day care if you need it (vaccination certificates required), although many local attractions and activities are dog friendly. Dogs are welcome to enjoy their holiday on Northumberland’s beaches year round, and Bamburgh beach is huge and close by. We can even recommend local restaurants that welcome our four legged family members – no compromise for them or you! Why not check out our blog on just how dog friendly Northumberland and Budle Bay Croft actually are!
We do not charge you for bringing your dogs on holiday but if they cause damage, or leave mess to be cleaned up after you depart, you will be invoiced accordingly. We think this the fairest thing to do as most dogs are just great and everyone should not have to pay for the very few that cause issues.
Ideal for a family as children will love the play area, farm animals and Budle Bay Croft Experience. Would be wonderful booked with neighbouring Budle Haugh for 2 families wanting to holiday together but wanting their own private space too.
A couple or 2 couples holidaying together would appreciate the style, luxurious touches and the outside space for walks or even private fishing on the river (as long as one couple doesn’t mind the bunks).
If you fancy a holiday on your own, Budle Falls is rural but not isolated, and the cosy cottage will offer a safe and comfortable welcome. You will also have all the communications facilities to keep in touch with those you decided to leave behind!
For girlie get togethers or hen parties, why not book Budle Falls with Budle Haugh for a decadent weekend of fizz, chocolates, fine dining, high tea and pampering, with special discounts on beauty treatments – just ask for details on booking. You can also enjoy more energetic pursuits such as riding, boat trips, shooting, and cycling, all of which can be pre-arranged. And lads, don’t feel left out, because we can offer short breaks tailored to your needs too – how about local beers and outdoor pursuits such as kite surfing, fishing, diving and shooting. Again, discounts can be arranged – just let us know your requirements at the time of booking and we will do our best to ensure your break is a great one!
Have a look through our reviews: http://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/self-catering-uk-and-ireland/10614-budle-falls
Now let's be honest...
Budle Falls is a perfect, bijou holiday cottage with great reviews. The kitchen has all the appliances you should need but not a lot of storage. The living space is compact but very cleverly designed and beautifully presented, and you should find all you need.
The Budle Falls access statement is available here.