This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Budle Falls
Budle Falls Luxury Farmstay Holiday Cottage in Northumberland expertly caters for couples, children and pets. With the neighbouring Budle Haugh, it forms part of the magical coastal smallholding that is Budle Bay Croft. A beautifully styled internal space, with both a private and enclosed garden as well as acres of the coastal smallholding estate to enjoy, this small and cosy cottage sleeps 4 and will appeal to a couple, or equally to a family party, or 2 couples holidaying together. Budle Falls is a perfect, bijou holiday cottage with great reviews. The kitchen has all the appliances you should need but not a lot of storage. The living space is compact but very cleverly designed and beautifully presented, and you should find all you need.
This traditional Northumberland stone cottage has been decorated in keeping with its surroundings with great taste and attention to detail. Vaulted ceilings characterise the interior with light and airy open-plan living accommodation. The master bedroom benefits from a feature king sized bed and the bunk bedded room will prove a hit with our younger visitors. Budle Falls gets its name from the feature waterfall at the rear of the cottage.
Within the historic 13th century hamlet of Waren Mill, Budle Falls is a restored hemmel that dates back even further to the 12th century. The building has been restored by local craftsmen, using traditional building methods and materials including random stone and Welsh slate, and it is within its original footings. The waterfall has been created from the original overflow wear of the neighbouring Water Mill, where the owners live. The Water Mill used to drive a wheel to grind corn before being transported by horse to the granary opposite, and then shipped worldwide from the busy port of Waren Mill. The waterfall, a real feature of the back garden, is turned on between certain times of the day and is illuminated at night. It is securely fenced so, parents, NO cause for concern!
If you fancy a holiday on your own, Budle Haugh is rural but not isolated, and the cosy cottage will offer a safe and comfortable welcome. You will also have all the communications facilities at your fingertips to keep in touch with those you decided to leave behind!
We love welcoming children of all ages to Budle Falls, and we know they will be delighted by all this cottage has to offer. Inside the cottage there is a mix of technology diversions such as the Nintendo DS, Wii and TV/DVDs, but there is also the more traditional time occupiers, including games, toys, dressing up clothes and books. We even provide bath toys! To make things easier for mums and dads, we always have sippy cups, plastic plates and cutlery in the cottage, but we can also supply a wide range of that vital stuff the little ones need including high chair, step up stool, potty, changing mat, stroller, baby rucksack, baby bouncer chair, nursing cushion, moses basket, travel cot with comfy mattress, cot linen, baby monitor, steriliser, baby bath and cot side – all free of charge. Please remember to let us know what you would like when you make your booking.
Outside the cottage, the little ones will enjoy the secure private and enclosed garden to the front with ride on tractor, sand pit, outdoor toys and an amazing shop! Over and above the cottage and private gardens, our younger guests can enjoy the Budle Bay Croft Experience to the full. They will love to play Pooh Sticks over the little bridge and run free in the woods and paddocks, spotting signs or even catching a glimpse of the vast array of wildlife including foxes, badgers, rabbits, deer, woodpeckers and bats. All of our little people enjoy the animal interactions, feeding and tickling the pigs, sheep, ducks and chickens. At lambing time, they can bottle feed the orphans and even hold the new borns. And they can enjoy the outdoor climbing areas, trampolines, stage and a marshmallow toasting camp fire too!
There is a shared supply of buckets and spades and beach paraphernalia in Shark Shed.
Over and above all of this, there are often children at Budle Haugh, the neighbouring cottage, as well as the owner’s children to make friends with.
We also love welcoming pets. There are acres of grounds for dogs to run and play, and we provide a dog bed, bowls and treats too. We can organise doggy day care if you need it (vaccination certificates required), although many local attractions and activities are dog friendly. Dogs are welcome to enjoy their holiday on Northumberland’s beaches year round, and Bamburgh beach is huge and close by. We can even recommend local restaurants that welcome our four legged family members – no compromise for them or you!
Ideal for a family as children will love the play area, farm animals and Budle Bay Croft Experience. Would be wonderful booked with neighbouring Budle Haugh for 2 families wanting to holiday together but wanting their own private space too. A couple or 2 couples holidaying together would appreciate the style, luxurious touches and the outside space for walks or even private fishing on the river (as long as one couple doesn’t mind the bunks)!
For girlie get togethers or hen parties, why not book Budle Falls with Budle Haugh for a decadent weekend of fizz, chocolates, fine dining, high tea and pampering, with special discounts on beauty treatments – just ask for details on booking. You can also enjoy more energetic pursuits such as riding, boat trips, shooting, and cycling, all of which can be pre-arranged. And lads, don’t feel left out, because we can offer short breaks tailored to your needs too – how about local beers and outdoor pursuits such as kite surfing, fishing, diving and shooting. Again, discounts can be arranged – just let us know your requirements at the time of booking and we will do our best to ensure your break is a great one!
Have a look through our reviews: https://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/self-catering-uk-and-ireland/10614-budle-fallsWe look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01668 214895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
Directions, arrival & car parking
- We are right in the centre of the beautiful hamlet of Waren Mill, on Budle Bay.
The address is:
The Water Mil
For best access by car:
- From the North on the A1, take the Coastal Route towards Bamburgh opposite the first Belford turn off, and follow the route until Waren Mill. At Waren Mill, pass the turning towards Belford and the A1 and immediately after the post box and telephone box, turn right (at Bay View cottage opposite a green fence overlooking Budle Bay) then first left through the gate onto the gravel drive (after the concrete parking area) with the grey/ green letter box on the gate post opposite The Arches, signed The Water Mill, Budle Falls and Farm Access Only. Please close the gate after you. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Please unload your car from here, and reload at the end of your stay. Please do not drive past The Water Mill as we have free range animals, children and a husband.
- When approaching from the South, take A1 to Bamburgh turn off at Adderstone Services with Purdy Lodge. Turn right to Bamburgh and follow all the way until you arrive at the village. At the green, turn left and then left again at Clarks and Son Grocers onto the coastal route. Follow this road for just under 2 miles, passing the signs for Budle Hall, Budle Farm, Waren Campsite on the left, then Budle Bay on the right and The Waren House Hotel on the left. After the hotel, take the first left into the tiny hamlet of Waren Mill after crossing the river – before the post box and phone box (look for Bay View cottage cottage opposite a green fence overlooking Budle Bay) then first left through the gate onto the gravel drive (after the concrete parking area) with the grey/ green letter box on the gate post opposite The Arches, signed The Water Mill, Budle Falls and Farm Access Only. Please close the gate after you. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Please unload your car from here, and reload at the end of your stay.
- Budle Falls is the single story detached barn on the left after you cross the bridge, behind The Water Mill and through the gate past Budle Haugh.
- There are delineated parking bays in front of the sign saying Stables Yard. Please select a free space. If you have more than one car in your party, please can you park tightly behind each other to allow everyone sufficient space to park and turn.
- The surface is level, gravel with the exception of a slight slope up to Budle Falls.
- We can assist guests with luggage by prior arrangement.
- Your key will be in the back of the door and the door will be open. When you leave, if you could ensure that the drop latch is not on, and leave the key in the front of the door it would be great.
- There will be a cottage file on the table for you with a welcome letter. We recommend you spend a few minutes reading through this information so you can make the most of your holiday and have all of your questions answered. If you still have questions or concerns then please just pick up the phone to us!
Entrance to Property
- The door is 750mm wide
- There are 2 steps up to the cottage
- The entrance is well lit with a light outside the front door and sodium lights lighting the path and car park
- We can turn off the sodium lights if you want to view the Dark Skies as we are Dark Sky friendly
- The flooring is solid oak throughout, with the exception of the bathroom which is natural stone
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- There is a small hall linking the lounge/diner/kitchen to the bedrooms and bathroom
- The hall, lounge and bedrooms are all at the same floor level
- There is a small floor difference between the hall and the bathroom – the depth of a tumbled marble tile
- There are no stairs inside the cottage
- There are 2 steps down to the private enclosed rear garden accessed from the dining area
- The cottage has an open plan lounge, dining area and kitchen
- The small wood dining table and chairs seat 4
- All chairs are moveable and there is limited space around the table
- High chairs can be provided
- There is lighting near the table and natural lighting next to it via patio doors
- The kitchen is accessed directly from the front door and is open plan to the lounge and dining area
- The worktops and sink are standard height from the floor, as is the hob
- The fridge and freezer compartment are under-counter
- There is a small free standing freezer in the cupbaord
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Both bedrooms are on the ground floor
- There is one king size bed with small space around it – not accessible with a wheelchair at the sides
- The bunk room is small
- Both bedrooms have natural light from skylights and the king size has an additional window
- Both bedrooms have a ceiling light
- The king size bedroom had bedside lamps
- The bunk bedroom has wall lights to each bunk
- The beds are high quality sprung deep mattresses with memory foam toppers
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Access to the bathroom is step free although there is a small lip on entering as the finished floor level of the tiles is slightly higher than the wooden hall floor
- A single step is needed into the shower
- Toilet, bath and basin are all standard size and height
- The paved and grass rear vel garden is accessible from the dining area down 2 steps
- The front mainly lawned and sloped gravel garden is accessed from the front door down 2 steps
- There is patio furniture in the garden and a children’s summer house and raised platform to view the river
- All dogs are welcome
- Mobile reception is poor but we provide a phone for free UK landline calls
- The nearest walk in centres are in Alnwick and Berwick approximately 15 miles away each
- The nearest A&E is in Wansbeck approximately one hour drive away
- The cottage welcome file has detailed information on all appliances
- There are files in the cottage with local activities, events and places to see
|Address (Inc postcode):||Budle Haugh The Water Mill Budle Bay Croft Waren Mill Bamburgh Northumberland NE70 7EE|