Our general COVID-19 Prevention Measures
We have been working hard to do all that we can to make your holiday a happy one. Your health and wellbeing is important to us. Below is a summary of just some of the measures we have put in place for protection against COVID-19 but like most things to do with this virus, we are in this together, so we need your help too:
- We follow all government recommendations as outlined on the government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. Please refer to this for the very latest guidance, not what is on this website.
- We have been accredited by Visit Britain as “We’re Good to Go” – the COVID-19 industry and consumer standard. This means that Budle Bay Croft adheres to Government and public health guidance.
- Please DO NOT travel for your holiday if you are experiencing any of the symptoms, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms in the prior 14 days.
- We have completed a risk assessment which can be found at https://budlebaycroft.co.uk/covid-19/covid-19-risk-assessment.
- Please wash your hands with soap regularly for 20 seconds as recommended – this is the first protection for us all against COVID-19.
- We use professional cleaners and they continue to follow their COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol which can also be found on our website: https://budlebaycroft.co.uk/covid-19/covid-19-cleaning-protocol. Our professional cleaners always operate to outstanding levels. Over and above their usual attention to detail they are now using a special cleaning solution that is a virucidal disinfectant and well as antibacterial and recommended for health facilities and care homes. Per their COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol, they are also sanitising at each turn around using the “fogging” method. For linen they are using a chemical sluice program on their washing machines for bedding, robes and towels at 75 degrees. We also have pillow and mattress protectors that are swapped at every turn around and will follow the same washing process. Guests are of course free to bring their own pillows/ linen if they prefer. All cleaners will only work if they are healthy and have no symptoms. If they did develop symptoms they would follow the national guidance and self isolate immediately and only return to work again when completely free of symptoms. We too are following the same guidance and are all well. If any of us developed symptoms we too would isolate immediately but would still support your holiday virtually as required.
- Prior to departure, please leave all laundry (bedroom including pillow and mattress protectors), bathroom (including robes) and kitchen in the red bag provided (or in the middle of the lounge if no bag available).
- We have had to remove some throws and cushions.
- Please arrive no earlier than 17.00pm and you must depart before 9.30am during COVID-19 measures.
- If we need to fix anything while you are staying with us, we will do so when you leave the premises. We will wear masks and gloves.
- You can use the outdoor toys and play equipment but you must sanitise them after use for your and other guest’s protection.
- Please use the non-touch hand sanitisers before entering the property and on leaving, and certainly before putting the key in the key safe. Please do this every time you leave, not just at the end of your stay.
- Please let us know if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay. Unfortunately you will not be able to isolate in the holiday premises due to future bookings.
- Please book any activities in the area on line or by phone, paying in a contactless manner – do not just turn up and hope to access. We have no control over facilities and activities outside of Budle Bay Croft but most local businesses are working hard to welcome guests, albeit in a COVID-19 safe way. They want you to visit them but according to the guidance, which of course they do not write. They may choose to retain some restrictions the Government has lifted e.g. the use of face masks as part of their individual Health and Safety risk assessments
- Supermarkets have limited delivery availability, as they continue to try to support those needing to isolate. However some are offering click and collect. Locally, Morrisons in both Alnwick and Berwick offer Click and Collect.
- Lastly, we cannot be held responsible for keeping you up to date on any changes in requirements so we will end as we started, asking you to monitor government guidance change https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
It goes without saying that we are very much looking forward to welcoming our guests to Budle Bay Croft!