This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Budle Haugh
Budle Haugh Luxury Farmstay Holiday Cottage in Northumberland expertly caters for couples, children and pets. With the neighbouring Budle Falls, it forms part of the magical coastal smallholding that is Budle Bay Croft. A beautifully styled internal space, with both a private and enclosed garden as well as acres of the coastal smallholding estate to enjoy, this small and cosy cottage sleeps 4 and will appeal to a couple, or equally to a family party, or 2 couples holidaying together.
Haugh (pronounced ‘Hoff’) is an Old English and Scots term referring to a low-lying meadow in a river valley, and Budle Haugh lies adjacent to the Waren Burn river with views towards the meadow, hence the name of this cottage. Guests can enjoy the sound of bubbling water while enjoying the view – including the swans, herons and the abundant river based wildlife. The river is fenced off and the cottage has a river side stone walled garden so it is safe for children.
Ideal for a family as children will love the play area, farm animals and Budle Bay Croft Experience. Would be wonderful booked with neighbouring Budle Falls for 2 families wanting to holiday together but wanting their own private space too.
A couple or 2 couples holidaying together would appreciate the style, luxurious touches and the outside space for walks or even private fishing on the river (don’t forget to tell us how you prefer the second bedroom – Twin orSuperking).
If you fancy a holiday on your own, Budle Haugh is rural but not isolated, and the cosy cottage will offer a safe and comfortable welcome. You will also have all the communications facilities at your fingertips to keep in touch with those you decided to leave behind!
We love welcoming children of all ages to Budle Haugh, and we know they will be delighted by all this cottage has to offer. Inside the cottage there is a mix of technology diversions such as the iPad, Nintendo DS, Playstation3 and TV/DVDs, but there is also the more traditional time occupiers, including games, toys, dressing up clothes and books. We even provide bath toys! To make things easier for mums and dads, we always have sippy cups, plastic plates and cutlery in the cottage, but we can also supply a wide range of that vital stuff the little ones need including high chair, step up stool, potty, changing mat, stroller, baby rucksack, baby bouncer chair, nursing cushion, travel cot with comfy mattress, moses basket, cot linen, baby monitor, steriliser, baby bath and cot side – all free of charge. Please remember to let us know what you would like when you make your booking.
Outside the cottage, the little ones will enjoy the secure private walled garden with ride on tractor, sand pit, outdoor toys and an amazing ice cream parlour! Over and above the cottage and private garden, our younger guests can enjoy the Budle Bay Croft Experience to the full. They will love to play Pooh Sticks over the little bridge and run free in the woods and paddocks, spotting signs or even catching a glimpse of the vast array of wildlife including foxes, badgers, rabbits, deer, woodpeckers and bats. All of our little people enjoy the animal interactions, feeding and tickling the pigs, sheep, ducks and chickens. At lambing time, they can bottle feed the orphans and even hold the new borns. And they can enjoy the outdoor climbing areas, trampolines, stage and marshmallow toasting camp fire too!
There is a shared supply of buckets and spades and beach paraphernalia in Shark Shed.
Over and above all of this, there are often children at Budle Falls, the neighbouring cottage, as well as the owner’s children to make friends with.
We also love welcoming pets. There are acres of grounds for dogs to run and play, and we provide a dog bed, bowls and treats too. We can organise doggy day care if you need it (vaccination certificates required), although many local attractions and activities are dog friendly. Dogs are welcome to enjoy their holiday on Northumberland’s beaches year round, and Bamburgh beach is huge and close by. We can even recommend local restaurants that welcome our four legged family members – no compromise for them or you!
For girlie get togethers or hen parties, why not book Budle Falls with Budle Haugh for a decadent weekend of fizz, chocolates, fine dining, high tea and pampering, with special discounts on beauty treatments – just ask for details on booking. You can also enjoy more energetic pursuits such as riding, boat trips, shooting, and cycling, all of which can be pre-arranged. And lads, don’t feel left out, because we can offer short breaks tailored to your needs too – how about local beers and outdoor pursuits such as kite surfing, fishing, diving and shooting. Again, discounts can be arranged – just let us know your requirements at the time of booking and we will do our best to ensure your break is a great one!
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01668 214895 or email email@example.com.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
Directions, arrival & car parking
- We are right in the centre of the beautiful hamlet of Waren Mill, on Budle Bay.
The address is:
The Water Mil
For best access by car:
- From the North on the A1, take the Coastal Route towards Bamburgh opposite the first Belford turn off, and follow the route until Waren Mill. At Waren Mill, pass the turning towards Belford and the A1 and immediately after the post box and telephone box, turn right (at Bay View cottage opposite a green fence overlooking Budle Bay) then first left through the gate onto the gravel drive (after the concrete parking area) with the grey/ green letter box on the gate post opposite The Arches, signed The Water Mill, Budle Falls and Farm Access Only. Please close the gate after you. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Please unload your car from here, and reload at the end of your stay. Please do not drive past The Water Mill as we have free range animals, children and a husband.
- When approaching from the South, take A1 to Bamburgh turn off at Adderstone Services with Purdy Lodge. Turn right to Bamburgh and follow all the way until you arrive at the village. At the green, turn left and then left again at Clarks and Son Grocers onto the coastal route. Follow this road for just under 2 miles, passing the signs for Budle Hall, Budle Farm, Waren Campsite on the left, then Budle Bay on the right and The Waren House Hotel on the left. After the hotel, take the first left into the tiny hamlet of Waren Mill after crossing the river – before the post box and phone box (look for Bay View cottage cottage opposite a green fence overlooking Budle Bay) then first left through the gate onto the gravel drive (after the concrete parking area) with the grey/ green letter box on the gate post opposite The Arches, signed The Water Mill, Budle Falls and Farm Access Only. Please close the gate after you. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Proceed slowly across the hump back Budle Bridge ensuring you are completely clear of the bridge before turning to park to your right. Please unload your car from here, and reload at the end of your stay.
- Budle Haugh is the single story detached barn on your left just after you cross the bridge. The front door will be open for your arrival. There is a sign on the door saying Welcome to Budle Haugh so you will know you are in the right place!
- There are delineated parking bays in front of the sign saying Stables Yard. Please select a free space. If you have more than one car in your party, please can you park tightly behind each other to allow everyone sufficient space to park and turn.
- The surface is level, gravel with the exception of a slight slope up to Budle Falls.
- We can assist guests with luggage by prior arrangement.
- Your key will be in the back of the door and the door will be open. When you leave, if you could ensure that the drop latch is not on, and leave the key in the front of the door it would be great.
- There will be a cottage file on the table for you with a welcome letter. We recommend you spend a few minutes reading through this information so you can make the most of your holiday and have all of your questions answered. If you still have questions or concerns then please just pick up the phone to us!
Entrance to Property
- The door is 750mm wide
- There is one step up to the cottage
- The entrance is well lit with a light outside the front door and sodium lights lighting the path and car park
- We can turn off the sodium lights if you want to view the Dark Skies as we are Dark Sky friendly
- The flooring is solid oak throughout, with the exception of the bathroom which is natural stone, and the bedrooms which are short pile carpet
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- There are no passageways or halls and stairs once inside the cottage
- There are 2 steps down to the private enclosed walled garden accessed from the lounge
- The cottage has an open plan lounge, downing room and kitchen
- The solid wood round dining table and chairs seat 4
- All chairs are moveable and there is space around the table although the cottage is compact
- High chairs can be provided
- There is lighting above the table and natural lighting next to it via a small converted cattle window
- The kitchen is accessed directly from the front door and is open plan to the lounge and dining area
- The worktops and sink are standard height from the floor, as is the range cooker hob
- The fridge freezer has the fridge at the top
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Both bedrooms are on the ground floor
- There is one king size bed with small space around it – not accessible with a wheelchair at the sides
- The twin room can be made a super king with Zip and Link mechanism – again, space around the bed is restricted
- One of the single beds can be removed with prior notice
- Both bedrooms have natural light from a window
- Both bedrooms have a ceiling light
- Both bedrooms have bedside lamps
- The beds are high quality sprung deep mattresses with memory foam toppers
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Access to the bathroom is step free
- A single step is needed into the shower
- Toilet, bath and basin are all standard size and height
- The paved and gravel garden is accessible from the lounge down 2 steps
- There is an arch approximately 750mm wide to get into the main garden from the flat patio area
- There is patio furniture in the garden and a children’s summer house and raised platform to view the river
- All dogs are welcome
- Mobile reception is poor but we provide a phone for free UK landline calls
- The nearest walk in centres are in Alnwick and Berwick approximately 15 miles away each
- The nearest A&E is in Wansbeck approximately one hour drive away
- The cottage welcome file has detailed information on all appliances
- There are files in the cottage with local activities, events and places to see
|Address (Inc postcode):||Budle Haugh The Water Mill Budle Bay Croft Waren Mill Bamburgh Northumberland NE70 7EE|